Clifford advises HOCHTIEF on takeover bid for CIMIC in Australia

Clifford Chance has advised HOCHTIEF on the takeover bid for the entire share capital of CIMIC in Australia

CCjpgA multi-jurisdictional team from Clifford Chance has advised HOCHTIEF, a subsidiary of ACS, on the launch of a takeover bid for the entire share capital of the Australian company CIMIC, offering a cash price per share of A$22.

The ACS Group currently holds 78.58% of CIMIC’s share capital and is targeting its offer at the remaining shareholders holding 21.42%. On this basis, the amount offered to HOCHTIEF shareholders amounts to AUD 1.46 billion (approx. €940 million).

The advice provided was on the legal aspects of the transaction, including commercial matters, negotiating and obtaining financing for the transaction and advising on takeover bids under Australian law.

The Clifford Chance team was led by partners Luis Alonso (pictured clockwise from left) (Corporate, Madrid) and Thomas Krecek  (Corporate, Frankfurt) led a multi-disciplinary team supported by a number of the firm’s lawyers in Spain, Germany and Australia, including partners Epifanio Pérez (Finance, Madrid), Bettina Steinhauer (Finance, Frankfurt), Christian Vogel (Corporate, Frankfurt), David Clee (Corporate, Sydney) and Elizabeth Hundt Russell (Finance, Sydney).

Clifford advises HOCHTIEF on takeover bid for CIMIC in Australia

Florencia

iberianlawyer.com

Iberian Lawyer, is a monthly digital magazine, published by LC Publishing, available in Spanish and English. It represents the main source of information in the legal business sector in Spain and Portugal. The digital magazine – and its portal – address to the protagonists of law firms and in-house lawyers. The magazine is available for free on the website and on Google Play and App Store.

In every issue of the magazine, you will find rankings of lawyers, special report on trends, interviews, information about deals and their advisors.

For further information, please visit the Group’s website www.lcpublishinggroup.com

Iberian Lawyer
Registered office: C/ Manuel Silvela, 8 - Oficinas 1 Dcha 28010 Madrid España

Copyright 2022 © All rights Reserved. Design by Origami Creative Studio

SHARE

Share on linkedin
Share on twitter
Share on facebook
Share on whatsapp
Share on email
Share on telegram