Garrigues assists Santander with Popular Seguros sale

A Garrigues Portuguese team has counselled Santander on the sale of 50 per of Popular Seguros shares to Mapfre

Garrigues advised Banco Santander Totta on the sale of almost 51 per cent of Popular Seguros shares to Mapfre. The bank remains as owner of the other 49 per cent.

This transaction secures the creation of a new player in the insurance market, which will run as Mapfre Santander Portugal. The partnership allows the financial entity to distribute exclusively in Portugal, until December 2037, Mapfre car insurance, multi-risk insurance for SMEs and liability insurance. The deal represents one of the most significant events in the Portuguese Insurance market all over the year.

Garrigues Portuguese team was led by partner Mário Lino Dias (pictured), and involved lawyers José de Seabra Marcão and Inês Freire de Andrade.

Garrigues assists Santander with Popular Seguros sale

Antonio Jimenez Morato

Iberian Lawyer, is a monthly digital magazine, published by LC Publishing, available in Spanish and English. It represents the main source of information in the legal business sector in Spain and Portugal. The digital magazine – and its portal – address to the protagonists of law firms and in-house lawyers. The magazine is available for free on the website and on Google Play and App Store.

In every issue of the magazine, you will find rankings of lawyers, special report on trends, interviews, information about deals and their advisors.

For further information, please visit the Group’s website

Iberian Legal Group, S.L.
Registered office: C/ Ríos Rosas 44A - 2 G,H 28003 Madrid España

Copyright 2023 © All rights Reserved. Design by Origami Creative Studio


Share on linkedin
Share on twitter
Share on facebook
Share on whatsapp
Share on email
Share on telegram