Cases & Lacambra launches a special situations task force
Cases & Lacambra has launched a special situations task force, within the special situations team, oriented to cover event-driven, stressed, and distressed scenarios concerning financial services institutions
Financial Services team will be composed by partners Marc Ambrós, Toni Barios, Miguel Cases, Joaquin Fabre Sanchiz, Laura Nieto Silvente, Bojan Radovanovic and Claudi Rossell, of counsel, working closely with their usual partners in the US, UK and other financial centers jurisdictions.
The team, with an unparalleled experience during the 2008-2012 financial crisis and other post crisis and has been very active and key player in those processes. The team will focus on providing complete advice to medium and small-sized financial services players on:
The team will focus on providing complete advice to medium and small-sized financial services players on:
• Contractual implications in credit arrangements and other inter-banking agreements, OTC derivatives transactions for hedging and nonhedging purposes, credit linked notes and other embedded derivatives in the context of high volatility and/or default.
• Implications on custody and sub-custody arrangements.
• Exercise of set-off rights and determination of certain events of default.
• Executing transactions inside a recovery or resolution legal framework, including asset stripping and the enforcement of guarantees and security interests.
• Preparing for asset recovery.