Iberian Lawyer holds its first Rising Stars Virtual Club session
The private session counted with the attendance of four general counsel from Spain and Portugal and lawyers selected as the “elite” of the Iberian legal market
Iberian Lawyer held yesterday its first session of the Iberian Rising Stars Virtual Club. The event, created after the Rising Stars ranking published in the May issue of Iberian Lawyer magazine, responded to the need of networking and interaction between the main characters of this new generation of lawyers, selected as the “elite” of the Iberian legal market, and the head of legal of top companies to have a better approach to the market, especially complicated after the pandemic crisis.
This first private session counted with the participation of Gloria Sánchez Soriano, Group Vice President. Head of Legal for Technology & Costs and Legal Dept. Transformation at Banco Santander, Lara Reis, Head of Compliance at Haitong Bank, Javier Folguera, General Counsel & Vice Secretary of the Board at Hispasat and Luis Graça Rodrigues, Legal Manager Portugal at Minsait Indra Company. The event also counted with the presence of Aldo Scaringella, Iberian Legal Group managing director.
On behalf of the Rising Stars, the following were present:
• Diego Pol, Compliance partner at Dentons
• Maria Royo, partner and co-founder of Ebiroy Abogadas
• Morad Maanan, Commercial director at Carles Cuesta Abogados
• Pablo González de Zárate, Competition law associate at Ramón y Cajal Abogados
• Andre Modesto Pinheiro, Finance senior associate at Abreu Advogados
• Mafalda Almeida Carvalho, founding partner of CCSL Advogados
• Tiago Geraldo, Criminal, Misdemeanour & Compliance senior associate at Morais Leitão
• Lisa Ventura Lopes, Real Estate senior associate at VdA
• Pedro Fontes, Life Sciences senior associate at VdA
• Tiago Rosado, Public Law senior associate at VdA
• Andreia Gabriel Pereira, Tax senior associate at Morais Leitão
During the session, the participants debated about interesting and current topics as how have law firms adapted their services and the product they deliver to companies, to meet their clients’ expectations from in this so-called VUCA world since the financial crisis, how are lawyers managing the relationship with their clients if it can only take place through digital tools or the role of lawyers in improving the world we live in, through pro-bono projects, among others.