Margarida Vila Franca

CMS advises the FCR fund C2 MedCapital

CMS Portugal has advised the healthcare investment fund MedCapital, managed by C2 Capital Partners, on the acquisition of a hospital group in the Algarve, the Hospital de Loulé Group.

As a result of this deal, MedCapital will hold a majority stake (60%), while the remaining 40% will remain in the initial shareholding.

The CMS Portugal team advising on this deal was led by Corporate M&A Partner Margarida Vila Franca (pictured), together with Duarte Lebre de Freitas (Public Law Counsel), David Apolónia (Senior Associate, Corporate M&A), Francisca Pereira da Cruz (Associate, Corporate M&A), Santiago Iturriaga (Trainee, Corporate M&A), Sofia Costa Lobo (Senior Associate, Labour Law & Pension Funds), Leonor Barata da Cunha (Associate, Labour Law & Pension Funds), Sandra Teixeira Arsénio (Associate, Real Estate), Carlos Henriques Saraiva (Associate, Real Estate) and Sara Rocha (Associate, TMC).

On the sell side, the advice was provided by TELLES Advogados, led by Public Law Partner Pedro Almeida e Sousa, and Corporate M&A Partner Cristina Ferreira, in addition to the support of Nuno Marques (Counsel M&A) and Catarina Isidro (Corporate M&A Associate).

Irina Wakstein