Pinsent Masons and Ramón y Cajal have advise on the €5.3m acquisition of 60% of EPICOM

Pinsent Masons and Ramón y Cajal Abogados have advised on the €5.3 million acquisition of 60% of EPICOM by Indra and Grupo Oesía, giving entry into its shareholding to these two relevant companies, betting on a collaboration project with the private sector in a strategic sector. Pinsent Masons has advised Grupo Oesía and Ramón y Cajal Abogados has advised Sociedad Estatal de Participaciones Industriales (SEPI).

Indra, one of the leading global technology and consulting companies, and Grupo Oesía, a Spanish multinational which is engaged in industrial and digital engineering, have entered into the capital of Epicom, Duro Felguera’s defense company specialized in cryptographic solutions, with the acquisition of a 30% participation each one of them. SEPI, which holds 40%, has assigned its purchase option of 30% to each company.

Due to the strategic nature of the company, on March 5th, 2021 SEPI acquired an initial public shareholding of 40% in EPICOM from its sole shareholder Duro Felguera, and a purchase option for the other 60%. In order to guarantee the national sovereignty, the technological capacity and the financial support of the company, SEPI assigns this purchase option, giving access to two shareholders, through a competitive bidding process called for this purpose.

With this transaction, SEPI bets for a public-private partnership which allows EPICOM’s growth and stability, and ensures and protects the strategic capabilities in connection with National Security.

The Pinsent Masons team included Antonio Sánchez Montero, Javier Valdés and Elena Ribelles.

Ramón y Cajal Abogados team has been formed by Cristina Vidal and Alfonso Carcamo, has also involved Miguel García Stuyck and Julia Vernis Prat.

Julia Gil