Are you looking for a job in a global law firm? Would you like to work with international clients on cross-border transactions? Do you have the skills required?
July 15th-25th, Madrid, Spain
The two-week International Legal Summer School helps young lawyers to develop their English language skills within a legal framework and soft skills such as negotiation or presentation abilities.
This programme is for law student or young lawyer who are interested in working within an international law firm. The International Legal Summer School helps prepare students for a successful career as an international lawyer. Building upon the basic blocks of legal English, the course also provides with an important knowledge of the English legal approach (known as Common Law).
Speaking and writing in English is only one part of the challenge. Participants also receive hands-on practical experience atputting language into practice – advising clients, negotiating agreements and debating with other participants in English.
See feedback from some of our past students
Learning based upon real life situations
The Summer School´s approach to learning is practical and interactive. Class sizes are small and participants will follow real life scenarios based upon the faculty´s own experiences within law firms.
Participants will gain an understanding of the following key elements:
• The language skills required to work as a lawyer in English;
• The basic concepts of US and English (Common Law) business law and main differences with Civil Law;
• Drafting, negotiating and communicating legal issues in English;
• Business law concepts and International business transactions.
Law Firm Programme
Learn about working within an international law firm. Participants will visit leading law firms where top lawyers will outline their areas of work and the key challenges of global practice.
Supporting University *
* Join the group of Supporting Universities to emphasise to your law students the interesting career opportunities available when becoming a global lawyer by investing on legal English and soft skills. They will also benefit from special discounts in this Programme.
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – APPLY BEFORE JUNE 7th, 2013
The scholarship covers 50% of the full fee (registration + course fee).
For more information on past courses please click here.
How to apply
In order to apply for a scholarship, please send us a motivation letter with the following information:
1) Personal information (name, date of birth, country)
2) Year of studies or (if applicable) current professional situation (CV)
3) Brief description of why you would benefit from the course and why you require financial assistance.
The application deadline is June 7th and the awarded students will be announced on June 13th.
Please note that the fee does not cover accommodation or meals.
For further information email email@example.com or call +34 91 563 36 91
Recommended Accommodation in Madrid
Residencia Palacio de Barradas (AD: 30 € – MP: 31,81 €)
Hotel NH Zurbano 3* (AD: 50 €)
Hotel Gran Atlanta 4* (AD: 52 €)
Hotel NH La Habana 4* (AD: 86 €)