All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. As we continue to develop healthcare products and expand our business globally, we are consistently looking for new talents. Right now, we are seeking highly qualified candidates to fill the position of: Legal Director, Spain
This individual will be the Legal Director in Spain, directly responsible and accountable for leading and managing the Spanish legal team across all businesses and legal entities. The successful candidate will serve on the Spanish Country Management Forum (CMF) and the relevant Board of Directors in Spain.
The ideal candidate will be role modeling the Legal Division Commitments and helping create a strong division culture.
• Organises, directs and leads a team of legal professionals in Spain to provide legal advice and support on ordinary and extraordinary matters of civil, administrative and penal law in order to support business initiatives, identify and resolve potential legal problems and minimise commercial exposure within the law.
• A full time member of the Country Management Forum (CMF) in Spain: using experience and legal expertise to add value to debate and decision-making.
• Advises local corporate entities and alerts local Boards to potential legal issues of corporate concern. Sits on Board of Directors in Spain as relevant.
• Gives direction to ensure the Spanish legal team provides ethical, effective and commercially-oriented advice, while identifying/addressing exposure to risks of prosecution, litigation and/or reputational damage.
• Provides innovative, business solution oriented, legal counsel and advice for Spanish matters, using a high level of business knowledge and understanding of the external environment.
• Stays current on legislative changes in Spain and the EU, global healthcare trends and other environmental issues related to the pharmaceutical industry and ensures that lawyers and clients are educated and informed about relevant legal issues in order to pre-empt problems.
• Acts as a powerful advocate for clients while championing the interests of the Pfizer enterprise.
Education, Skills and Experience:
• Licensed to practice law, preferably in Spain or a similar jurisdiction.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
• Significant and broad experience of advising on commercial, corporate and pharmaceutical matters with strong drafting skills.
• Substantial experience of working with compliance matters.
• In depth understanding of the pharmaceutical industry.
• Proven ability to cultivate strong client relationships, build credibility and successfully influence leadership in the fast paced business climate of a matrix organization.
• Track record in developing legal staff and dealing appropriately with performance issues and in managing a budget.
• Full professional proficiency in English and Spanish with strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to travel when required.
• Work location: Madrid, Spain
• Type of position: Full time, Regular
• Please send your CV and cover letter in English
• European work permit necessary
To apply please visit www.pfizercareers.com and search for Job ID: 1026234.