CLOSED - International Senior Legal Counsel (Commercial & Contracts) Exeltis, CHEMO, Madrid, Ref: 210915CH
We are looking for an experienced international senior legal counsel for Exeltis based in Madrid, with global responsibilities and reporting to the Legal Director for Commercial & Contracts in Madrid.
- Advising the business on commercial law, public procurement law, competition law, pharmaceutical regulatory compliance, medical device regulations, export control regulations, promotion and advertising compliance, intellectual property, litigation, real estate, facility leases and contract negotiations;
- Contracting and coordinating local lawyers in different jurisdictions;
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts mainly in the Pharma domain (development, co-development, co-marketing, clinical trial, patent license (in/out), know-how license, supply, manufacturing.) business development (agency, distribution, partnerships, alliances, etc.) agreements with CROs and other commercial contracts;
- Advising in M&A transactions with regards products portfolios, drafting confidentiality agreements, binding offers, coordinating with local lawyers due diligence processes and the negotiation and drafting of acquisition agreements (SPA);
- Serving as an advisor of the senior management team and advising on legal and strategic matters;
- Proactive planning, advising and implementing legal programs and improvements to support and protect the business; and
- Assisting in the implementation and development of compliance programs, including training to employees on compliance and company policies and processes.
KEY STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
Proactive thinking on both commercial and legal matters to help grow and protect the business.
- Act as a key partner assisting the business in the steady growth of the company and all the legal related matters.
- Earn the trust of the Senior Management team and legal peers by
(i) delivering results;
(ii) demonstrating an ability to dive deep and simplify complex legal issues; and
(iii) consistently demonstrating exceptionally strong commercial and legal judgment, especially in situations involving uncertainty and ambiguity.
Desired skills and experience
- The ideal candidate will have a strong track record in private practice at a leading law firm and/or as in-house counsel role supporting businesses preferably in the Pharma sector and in a multinational environment. He or she will preferably have between 7 and 10 years post qualification experience. The ideal candidate will have attended a leading university and law school.
- The candidate shall have a strong command of English and Spanish.
- He or she will have a thorough understanding of the legal landscape concerning the Pharma sector and generics market segment. He or she will also thrive in fast paced, dynamic, growth environments and will have a strong reputation for delivering results.
- He or she will have earned the trust of his or her business partners through the consistent demonstration of exceptionally strong commercial and legal judgment, especially in situations involving uncertainty and ambiguity. He or she will have the ability to think globally about the interests of the overall business and not exclusively focus on the needs/interests of the local market place.
- This leader will possess excellent communication skills and a reputation for being a valued partner to business clients: he or she will be a logical and quick thinker, with a clear and concise communicator style; he or she will be able to simply complex matters and tailor their communication style to their audience; and he or she will possess the gravitas/confidence/presence required to be a respected leader amongst the Exeltis Senior Management team.
- The candidate will have demonstrated success at developing, executing or changing a vision or strategy and delivering the right communication throughout the organization working with corporate partners. He or she will have experience at building lasting and sustainable relationships with counterparts throughout the organization, be known for displaying the highest level of integrity and for inspiring trust by his or her team, peers and leadership.
- The candidate will have the ability to function autonomously and communicate laterally and upwardly with ease.
- He or she will have project management skills and respond openly and flexibly to change.
If you are interested in this position please apply here.
Please include your CV and a cover letter in English
CHEMO is a multinational pharmaceutical company with over 35 years of history and commitment to preserving and improving the health and welfare of people, backed by a strong trajectory of innovation and business excellence, and marked by a clear commitment to international growth.
As an integral group of health sciences, CHEMO operates across the entire pharmaceutical value chain, delivering specialized expertise in scientific research, development, manufacturing, sales and marketing of a wide range of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), finished dosage forms (FDFs) and branded pharmaceuticals, for human and animal care.
Chemo’s operations are organized in three synergistic business areas: industrial, branded and biotechnology.
About industrial business, CHEMO has a world-leading position in the industry, developing and manufacturing a wide range of added-value active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) as well as finished dosage forms (FDFs), both for human and animal health.
After more than two decades in the market, last year the brand ExeltisTM was created as a result of the sustained growth of the pharmaceutical business of the Chemo group brand. Exeltis thus combines the knowledge and experience of the group’s 35-plus years with innovative spirit, diversity and excellence as major values. With a presence in more than 40 countries, 4,000 employees, over 30 affiliates around the world, and a global manufacturing network in Europe, America and Asia, it is now an organisation with a great capacity to develop, produce and deliver treatment to millions of people around the world. The Group through its branded business, Exeltis, provides patients and healthcare professionals with a balanced catalogue of over 300 products with a strong position in the Women’s Health sector and other areas such as Respiratory and Dermatology
mAbxience is a global fully integrated biopharmaceutical company specialized in research, development and manufacturing of biosimilars for the treatment and/or prevention of several diseases in diverse therapeutic areas. mAbxience is acting worldwide, creating a broad and balanced presence in all major pharmaceutical markets to address global opportunities and customers’ needs, with full-line research and manufacturing capabilities and highly qualified professionals worldwide. mAbxience is a wholly-owned subsidiary of CHEMO Group, a well-established Spanish-based global healthcare corporation.
As a whole, CHEMO Group, has presence in more than 40 countries of Europe, America, Asia and Africa and has over 5.000 professionals.