Iberian Legal Group is a limited liability company established in Spain in September 2005 with a special focus on all the legal and corporate issues of interest to Spain, Portugal and Latin America. It is a private and independent group working internationally. The Group offers a platform to assist the legal community to develop business and professional skills nationally and internationally as well as to serve as a communication channel for benchmarking and market research & intelligence.
Iberian Lawyer is a bi-monthly publication, with online content and broadcast channel which encompasses all the up-to date, relevant news in the international business and legal world. It is the only in-depth source of information for lawyers who advise international business interests in Spain and Portugal as well as the increasingly global interests of Iberian businesses around the world.
The print and online readership of over 25,000 includes:
- Company Secretaries, General Counsel or Head of Legal within the top 500 businesses in Spain and Portugal.
- In-house lawyers and senior management within the leading 250 multinationals with Iberian operations.
- Strategic investors with Iberian interest including private equity houses, banks and other financial institutions.
- Lawyers advising clients with Iberian interests at the world’s largest law firms - including over 300 firms across the USA, UK and Europe – as well as the top 50 Spanish and Portuguese law firms.
A series of top-level events, in-depth articles, reports and interviews appearing both online and in print. The initiative was launched by Iberian Lawyer on its 10th anniversary in 2015 and serves as a bridge of communication – and a high profile platform – for leading law firms and multinational clients in Latin America, Europe, the US and Africa.
The Latin American Lawyer broadcast, communicate and educate through the provision of relevant market intelligence and content to international investors. The Latin American Lawyer adds value for in-house lawyers working for companies with interests in the region, as well as for law firm leaders.
Iberian Legal Group coordinates and leads one of the top leading networking groups for general counsel in the Iberian region. The Iberian Lawyer In-House Club, started in 2010 and has more than 500 members that participate actively. It offers research, recruitment, networking and executive training for in-house lawyers.
The Global Compliance Club, started in 2014 and has around 200 members. It offers key research, recruitment, updated information online and through a broadcast channel, software solutions, networking and executive training. The Club publishes an annual compliance manual with key updates for its members.
The Club has an Expert Committee that includes the following firms: Abengoa, Atento, Bankia, Baker & McKenzie, Barclays, Clifford Chance , CMS Albiñana Suárez de Lezo, Everis, GE Global Operations Europe, Goldman Sachs, ING Direct, KPMG Forensic, Santander Elavon Merchant Services, Nokia, Novartis, Nutreco, ONO, Pérez Llorca, Pentair, PepsiCo Western Europe, SEAT , Siemens, TEVA
The sessions are offered by leading providers with practical experience who follow the adult-learning model. This model aims to adapt the training programmes to the market requirements and look at innovative ways to develop professional and personal abilities to all students attending. Over the past years, Iberian Legal Group offers a wide range of training sessions such as:
- CRM theory: how can law firms develop. more profitable client relations?
- The future of recruitment techniques for lawyers
- International strategies. How to adapt to the future
- Pricing and partner revenue structures in law firms
- Skills required for winning new work in a time of economic uncertainty
- Managing legal structures and motivation of lawyers
Iberian Legal Group offers some institutionalised and most successful events and conferences which includes the following:
- Lawyer of the XXI century: held every year in Barcelona, it gathers law firm leaders and senior in-house lawyers to discuss new trends in the provision of legal services.
- In-House College: MBA-style training days for in-house lawyers and compliance officers on management skills and cost-effectiveness.
- Legal Summit: annual conference held in Lisbon with over 200 participants, about innovation in law firm management.
- In-House Club Master Class: specific sessions for in-house lawyers moderated by experts . Topics include compliance, risk management, arbitration and competition, e-commerce, among others.
- 40 under Forty Awards: Iberian Lawyer´s 40 under Forty Awards recognize the achievements of the new generation of lawyers shaping the future of the legal profession. Held every two years, the awards acknowledge the 40 leading lawyers under the age of 40 who work either within Iberia or advice Iberian organisations around the world.
Winners are selected by a Jury comprising leading personalities of the legal market, including General Counsel and Heads of Legal from prestigious companies such as Abertis, Banco Santander, Banesto, British Airways, Jazztel, Pepsico Europe, Galp, Gamesa, Indra, NH Hoteles, Pernod Ricard, Sol Meliá, Telefónica and Vodafone, and academic institutions like ESADE, ICADE, IE Law School and Universidade Católica Portuguesa. The Deans of the Barcelona and Madrid Bar Associations are also among the Jury.
- Gold Awards: An event that focus on market change and innovation and rewards the professional excellence amongst inhouse lawyers and compliance teams .
Consultancy and coaching services
Iberian Legal Group offers consultancy and recruitment services as well as one-to-one coaching to law firms and companies, in cooperation with www.lexingtonconsultants.com, amongst other leading consultants. It provides tailor-made training programmes on:
1- Law firm leadership and strategy planning
2- Client feedback
3- Soft skills for lawyers ( Networking, Presentation and influencing , Client pitch, negotiation)
4- Marketing and media planning. Including Legal Directories